Monday, September 29, 2014

Call to Paint -- Thursday, 2 October 2014 -- 9 AM


How did it get to be October?

I had the month of October all planned out, but I'm rethinking. we might want to wait just a bit for the underbrush to relax a bit more before doing Founder's Park in Old Saybrook. And Jay's group is heading for Hammonasset for the second week in a row, so I think we'll defer that, as well.

For some time, I've been wanting to paint at Branford Point, where Harbor Street dead ends at the mouth of the Branford River. There is a little mound, where you can get a bit of elevation, and there are still lots of boats moored along the sides of the river. Typically you can find people fishing or walking the little beach. Or if you prefer to go into the adjacent Parker Memorial Park, you can find alternative woodsy and waterfront scenes.

The forecast is indicating mid-60's, partly cloudy, and a modest northeasterly breeze. It's a bit far out to be accurate, but we can hope for something like that.

Be sure to check the blog before you go, if the weather looks iffy. And you can find directions on the blog under Parker Memorial Park. Instead of meeting inside the park, we will meet at the public pier at the end of Harbor Street. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay, but if you bring lunch, probably others will also.

I'll hope to see you there.

/j

No comments:

Post a Comment