Monday, June 16, 2014

Call to Paint -- Thursday, 19 June 2014 -- 9 AM


This Thursday, we will take a break from our Guilford venues to paint at Florence Griswold Museum. I try to schedule this outing to coincide with the mountain laurel bloom, in case anyone wants to try it as a subject.

This has become our signature outing, it seems, and we always can depend on having a good turnout and a great time, even if we don't get perfect weather. But this week, I think the weather gods are with us. If Thursday should start to deteriorate, however, we still can go on Wednesday instead. Be sure to check the blog on Wednesday morning if in doubt, but I will send any late notices to regular painters by direct email.

Let's plan to have lunch together after we paint and do our wrap-up. Remember to bring a chair.

Before leaving, I plan to make a whirlwind browse of the current exhibits inside. If you're a museum member (or not -- you can buy a day pass) and you want to join me, I'll welcome the company. I also want to take a few minutes to check out the American Waters exhibit at LAA, next door.

Directions are posted separately. If you don't get them in your blog feed, check on the blog. Please park in the lot furthest away from the museum. You can drop your stuff on your way in.

I hope to see you there.

/j

No comments:

Post a Comment