Monday, May 13, 2019

Paint-Out Thursday May 16, Clinton Town Beach

A few changes this year - see my note at the bottom of this post!

This Thursday, we'll paint at Clinton Town Beach (free to non-residents at this time of year but not after Memorial Day), which has plenty to interest you: river, trees, marsh, islands, beach, rocks, Long Island Sound, boats, children's playground. There is a gazebo in case it rains - showers forecast...  :-( . Directions as usual at our blog https://ctsa-guilford.blogspot.com/ in the right-hand sidebar. Here are pix from last fall.


 Last week at the Guilford Marina was windy and cold. I know of two people who sketched in their cars, Sandy and me! Maybe there were more of you intrepid painters that I didn't see. Here are our sketches:


We have a few changes this year. Tom Mayer and I are in the process of developing this year's list of locations and directions to them. We are adding more locations in the Old Saybrook and east area. Tom may also add an occasional weekend paint-out for those of you for whom weekdays are problematic. I may not be at all the paint-outs this year but will continue to send out reminder blog posts. Either Tom or I will take photos of paintings (or of the location) for the blog, as usual, or any of you who would like to send me photos may do so by email at veronicadotsoellatgmaildotcom. If you are new, just look for other painters, and they will surely welcome you.
Best wishes to all,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment