Thursday, July 17, 2014

Essex Steam Railroad -- 17 July 2014


Greetings to All,

I guess there were just 11 painters this morning to attempt again to paint the moving feast of steam trains... Terry, Kay, Kaleigh, Tina, Jay Ba, Joan McP, Bob VanM, Judy, Jeannette, and me, and one member of Jay's MAS group, whose name I can not pull out, even after working hard to remember it twice this season. Maybe Debbie. I think so. But wait!  Did I not speak to Rosemary as she drove in? Did she not stay?!

Some of us spent a lot of time trying to find a scene that was simple enough to paint in two hours and not going to move, all to no avail. One of the engines that was supposed to move did not, and Terry and I were kicking ourselves that we didn't do that one.

We sat and lunched under the shade of some nice trees in front of the Side Track Cafe. A perfect day for painting and for sharing talk over lunch.

Next week, we try again for some good weather for the Florence Griswold Museum. I hope the summer's personal activities do not keep you from that splendid paint out opportunity.

Essex Steam Railroad
























No comments:

Post a Comment