Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stony Creek -- 16 July 2013

Five painters  showed up this morning Jay Bt, Jay Ba, Betsey, Gretchen B, and me. I went out at 7:30, and the light was still good -- not that it helped my painting which I finished at 10. Jay Bt arrived around 8.  We spoke of maybe setting an even earlier time for these hot summer days -- maybe 7 AM, when the shadows still are long, and colors crisp. When you can get a painting or sketch down and be out by 10.

I don't know when everyone else showed up at the gazebo, but they seemed to be about ready to leave when I got there a little after 10.

Next week, Guilford Green. I'll be away at the David Dewey workshop in Maine, and Sally has agreed to post to the blog for me, even though she is not likely to paint in the heat. 

 







 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment