Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Paint Out at Mercy Center this week!

Our location this week, Thursday July 19, is at Mercy Center in Madison, directions as usual on the blog at https://ctsa-guilford.blogspot.com/.

I'm sorry I didn't make it to the Guilford Town Docks last week so I don't have a report.

I did make it to the Branford Art Center today to see Jay Bright's flags work. Good work, Jay! And I met Yvonne Gordon-Moser there; we talked about local art communities. She pointed me to her blog at BranfordartcenterCt.com. We agreed that anything we can do together to spread the word about art opportunities along the shoreline is a good thing. They do a lot, from therapeutic art and meditation, figure study with life model, art meet-up group, still-life group, workshops, etc. And guess what, we at CTSA do plein air painting, open to everybody, free, no obligation. So just about everything is covered in our area! And by the way, their Art Center is full of lovely art by local artists, some of whom you probably know. And amusing greeting cards by one of us, Pam Morgan (I bought some).

Hope to make it to Mercy Center this week. I particularly want to paint the greenhouse again (no, I didn't paint the version below but wish I had...). But you'll find an interesting beach, a gazebo, and peaceful grass and tree areas as well.
-Veronica



No comments:

Post a Comment