Friday, April 3, 2015

Parmelee Farm -- 2 April 2015


Greetings to All,

Our first paint-out of 2015 was a smashing success, with 7 painters turning out on a slightly chilly morning. When I left home at 8:30, my thermometer read 34 degrees. But the unexpected sun heated things up pretty fast, and the breeze did not begin to fill in until around 10:30. I definitely over-dressed, but I forgot to take off a layer or two. Except for the gloves. It was perfectly comfortable painting bare handed.

Bev, Betsey, Denise and I painted in the back. Cheryl and Sally chose spots in front, from the parking area, and I don't know what happened to Pam. She came but did not stay to paint. I had to leave early, so I ended up shooting our wrap-up photos on the fly and a bit early for the others, who stayed to eat lunch together at the very convenient picnic tables.

This site, new to CTSA, is a keeper. And it's really not much further out than Hammonasset. In fact, it's fairly central to attract painters from our eastern reaches, as well as the Guilford/Branford end. Nice to get our season started so early.

I will not be scheduling a paint-out for next Thursday, as I am already over-committed for that day. Maybe someone else would like to set it up and shoot a few photos if the weather looks promising.

/j


Parmelee Farm




















No comments:

Post a Comment