Monday, September 15, 2014

Down by the Riverside -- 2014


Six CTSA painters joined 28 other artists to paint the festival on Saturday -- Cheryl, Jeannette, Keiko (and her friend Valerie), Elena, Julia, and me. It was fun to run into artists whom we knew from other contexts and to meet artists whose names or work we recognized. The sight lines were better this year, and it was good of the Coast Guard Academy to stage a set of sailboat races right near where we were painting.

The festival was lively, with good music by a variety of local groups who rotated through the day, lots of activities for children, and tents for artisans. The lunch provided free of charge to artists was just right, with plenty of choices offered by festival workers who came around to take our orders.

Although it was cool and breezy, and although the forecast said it would rain at least by 2 PM, I stayed until 2 and then shopped on the way home, and the rain held off until I had my groceries inside my front door. Cheryl left early, as she had come without her new puppy Molly. Jeannette, Keiko and Valerie, and Julie left around the same time I did, but Elena was immersed in her painting of the living statue and it didn't look like she would be leaving any time soon.

I painted more 5x7" sketches, like I did on the Hammonasset Greenway paint-out, but with less success, so I'll be working in studio to put together a couple of paintings for the exhibit in October.

Riverside Park















No comments:

Post a Comment