Thursday, September 4, 2014

Addendum -- 1) Artists' Retreat 2) Next Week 3) Down by the Riverside Festival and Exhibit 4) MAS/Greenway Trail Paint-Out


It's me again.

Over lunch today, we talked about the Artists' Retreat in planning for the first week of May, 2015. If you didn't get a chance to look at that in detail before, check out the blog post from August 20.  I think we are up to about 8 who are either planning on it or interested but not ready to commit. That's a good start toward our minimum of 10, but I'm looking for 20, so I'll be extending the invitation beyond CTSA.

I mistakenly said that we would be painting at Birbarie Marine next Thursday. Instead, I actually have Chaffinch Island on the schedule. Next Saturday also is the date of  New London's Down by the Riverside Festival. If you have not registered for that event, you still can participate, but you might have to bring your own lunch. Let me know if you want to come, and I'll see if I can get you added to the lunch list. It looks like there are about 30 artists signed up for the festival, including six of us from CTSA. That's pretty good, but there's plenty of room for more! It's a lot of fun.

Finally,several of us who are members of Madison Art Society will be painting as part of an organized MAS/Greenway Trails event this Saturday on the new section of the Shoreline Greenway Trail at Hammonassett. The paint-out is scheduled for 8:30 to about Noon and will be followed by a wet paint sale and mum sale from 1 to 2 PM. A percentage of our sales will benefit the Greenway Trail. If you're a MAS member, think about coming to paint. If not, you might want to join the trail hike or come to the sale to support the Greenway Trail.

/j

No comments:

Post a Comment