Sunday, November 22, 2020

Paint Out Tues & Thurs Nov 24 & 26 at Chaffinch Island Park, Guilford

This week at Chaffinch Island Park in Guilford is the last week on our calendar until next spring. Directions as usual on our blog at https://ctsa-guilford.blogspot.com/p/directions-to-venues.html. This is a beautiful spot, at the mouth of the East River. Views of the river, the marshes, the seashore, and a very unusual enormous rock!

I hope you have enjoyed painting with us this past season. It has been a relief to be able to go outside and be with our fellow painting friends and forget the pandemic for a few hours each week. Unfortunately, I cannot be there this week, but I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving, whether virtual (as my husband and I will be with our families in New Jersey and Sweden) or in person, masks and all!

If you have paintings you'd like to send me so I can post them on this blog, I would be very happy to do so, thereby keeping our painters in touch. I'm at veronica dot soell at gmail dot com. At least one has told me he will brave the cold and paint from his car. Go Paul!

Betsey sent me photos and her report of last week's painting at Bauer Farm Park in Madison:

Cold, windy & grey at Bauer on Tuesday.    Paul, Eve, Yeni, Keiko, Jay, Pam & I, along with a visiting artist from Plein Air Painters, arrived to paint.   Paul & I were at the top of the hill where the wind was gusty & chill. People spread out so I didn’t get photos.

On Thursday, I stopped by & found Eve, Paul & Yeni painting in sunny spots along the pond.  I had errands & unfortunately didn’t have my camera.  Next week is Chaffinch & I believe that is last on the list, correct me if wrong.   All in all, I think it’s been a very good year, with  flexible schedule & more attendance.  

Many thanks, Betsey!

-Veronica







 

No comments:

Post a Comment