Thursday, August 23, 2018

Lovely day at the Henry Whitfield State Museum

Only two of us (Jane and I) were there today on this first truly gorgeous paint-out day for weeks. The sun shone, the air was dry and the temperature perfect.

I want to remind you ahead of time that next week, Thurs August 30, we will be at the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme. I plan to bring my lunch and stay to visit the gallery for their exhibit Art and the New England Farm. I hope you will join me.

Edward Volkert, Ox With Haywagon, 16x20

While I sat and painted today, I saw quite a few visitors, which reminded me that the Museum is not only interesting for itself and its history - built in 1639 by Henry Whitfield, the founder of Guilford - but also has an excellent gift shop, tourist information, and additional exhibits in the Visitor Center. You might want to put it on your list for things to do on the Shoreline with visiting family and friends.
-Veronica





No comments:

Post a Comment