Monday, March 17, 2014

Pushing the Season?


Greetings to All,

OK, is anyone ready to push the season? Thursday was looking not so hot, but now they're saying partly cloudy and mid-40's, with a modest breeze from WSW. If you want to go out on Thursday, send me a quick email. If you have a preference for where, please indicate that, keeping in mind that we will want to be in the sun (when it's out) but not in the breeze. Since I'm still feeling kind of iffy about it, I'm going to look for a quorum of three. I'll reply to all intrepid painters directly by email.

About two weeks ago, I was surprised to hear from Patty that Bob VanM, who had been uncharacteristically absent from winter studio sessions, was going in for a heart valve replacement.  That now has happened, and he is at home, repairing, feeling strong, and looking forward to getting back to painting. I know you will join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.

Bob has a nice winter scene painting at the GAL member show in the Guilford Library, along with lots of other great art. It's a really nice show that will be in place through March 30.

Even if we don't paint this week, the weather has to break soon, doesn't it? See you whenever...

/j



No comments:

Post a Comment