Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Branford Green - 20 August 2013

Eleven painters and one photographer/visitor/coach spent a delightful morning painting the green. Sally and I arrived at 7:30. Sally went right to work. She knew what she wanted to paint. I roamed around, shot lots of photos, looked at a couple of things that I thought might work, sat on a bench and looked some more, brought my car around to Main Street and set up on a park bench, and started with a value sketch in my sketchbook. Then, right before everyone began to arrive -- I think perhaps between 8:30 and 9, I started my drawing. Betsey came up and said, "Oh, you haven't begun to paint yet -- Sally looks like her painting is almost finished!" Oh well. I'm just slow!

Anyway, we were Sally, Betsey, Kay, Kaleigh, Gretchen B., Silvia, Patty, Tom M, Elena and John (both new to our group, out with us for the first time and painting in oil, along with Tom) and me. Jay B-a was on the prowl with his camera but did not paint. Since he was still there when we finished, he  insisted on being on the other side of the camera for our group shot.

Although the forecast said it would be quite hot, those of us who painted in the shade (and there is plenty there) were very comfortable. Even Sally stayed until after 11. She had a cool breeze the whole time.

Next week Medad Tavern in Guilford. Either I or Sally will post it with directions.

Branford Green -- Images




































No comments:

Post a Comment